Carnegie Caulfield has for decades now, managed to every year have many junior riders representing Victorian State teams both on the Road and the Track. These representative have performed well brining back medals of all colours, and the odd National record. With the results achieved last week our current representatives have surpassed all previous results, again highlighting the value of training the club offers.
Last week 4 of our Juniors represented CCCC and Victoria at the National Track Championships, with our own Coach Hilton Clarke as the head Victorian Coach, by their side with Jeff Stewart & Kosta Polities as the team mechanics.
In the Clubs strongest performance ever at these championships our riders compiled an extremely impressive list of results.
All four riders brought home Personal Bests, National Medals, an Australian Record and a truck load of smiles.
This year was the first in which a Champion of Champion award was presented for each age group and gender …….we are proud to announce CCCC took 3 of the 4 Champion of Champions across the age groups.
Have a look over the following list of results in awe of the achievements.
U15M – Alex Jones took Champion of Champions with 5 gold from 5 individual races
– Gold in the Sprints & a PB by 0.5 second
– Gold in the Time & a PB by 0.1 second (being 0.1 second off the Australian Record)
– Gold in the IP & a PB by 2 Seconds
– Gold in the Points race, taking maximum points
– Gold in the Scratch Race
U15W – Lucy Stewart took Champion of Champions with 3 Gold and 1 Silver from 4 Individual races
– Gold in the Points Race, bring home a nail biting last sprint to take the medal
– Gold in the Kieren, taking the medal of top notch NSW Sprinter Tyler Puzicha who had won 2 Gold
– Gold in the Scratch race, out sprinting the bunch
– Silver in the Time Trial by 0.1 seconds. First lap Lucy was in front only narrowly missing the gold.
U17M – Max Leiner took Champion of Champion with 3 Gold from 4 Individual races
– Gold and the Australian record in the IP with a time of 2:15:35
– Gold in the Teams Pursuit with a time of 3:16:80
– Gold in the Time Trial
– Gold in the Scratch Race
– Silver in the Kieran
U17W – Alyssa Polities
– Bronze Medal in the Team Sprint
– 6th n the Sprint
– 14th in the Time Trial
Alyssa McCaig from Bendigo who also regularly trains with Carnegie Caulfield at DISC took the U17W Champion of Champions giving Victoria a clean sweep on these awards.
The Victorian Team all of whom have trained with Carnegie Caulfield over 4 weeks leading to the Championships were clear winners of the Ray Godkin shield for the best performing State.